Saturday, April 3, 2010

Dyeing Easter Eggs

We dyed eggs this morning. We decided to do it the "old fashioned way" and just go with the food coloring dyes. I know, I know, it's not as "cool" or "green" as natural homemade dyes, or as interesting as the beautiful silk dyed eggs I've seen on some blogs lately. But the boys had fun doing it and I didn't have to stress about anything, that meant more fun for me too!

Between the baby wanting to nurse all the time and my husband's grandmother visiting for a couple of weeks from Guatemala, things have been very busy around here lately. Thus the choice to pick up food coloring from the store and add the drops to vinegar and water!

Didn't our eggs turn out pretty?

1 comment:

  1. Oh They are so lovely, and what a great activity, I am a believer in going with the flow, who cares if its food coloring, do your own thing I say. cheers Marie

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, and I read every comment you leave! It's such a great way to meet new people. Please feel free to leave me a comment so I know you were here! Even if you want to comment on an older post... go ahead! I will still see it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails